There are some simple, but very effective tips, that will increase the value of your home. We have seen home staging add 5 to 10% more to the price of a home.
Below are some generic tips. When you list your home for sale with Simons Group, Realtors® you will receive a personalized home staging plan.
- If you can smell it, you can’t sell it! Make sure your home is free of all pet, smoke and food odors. Buyers are smart, they can tell when you light a candle to cover up a smell.
- Put away personal photos! We know your family is adorable, but we want new buyers to see themselves in your home, not wonder about your life!
- Use the odd number rule for items on a table. Tables get 1, 3 or 5 items depending on size. If it is an end table, 3 items maximum. The eye sees odd numbered items in a pleasing way.
- Always have an open path in the entry of the home for people to walk in. This is where most buyers make their decision to buy your home!
- Clear your counter tops! For the time the home is being shown, put away can openers, blenders, toasters or keep them to a minimum. We are selling counter top space!
- Check your pantry! Buyers will peek in to see how much room there is. Organize your food items by cans, boxes and other like items. Stack cans to show more room.
- Always keep your dining room or kitchen table clear of papers and other items. One centerpiece on your table is appropriate.
- Keep your bedrooms and bathrooms clean and impersonal! No one wants to walk in and feel that they are invading your personal space. Remove your soap & shampoo items from the shower. Be sure to put away all medications and personal items.
- Closets sell homes! Make sure all items are off the floor. This surprisingly makes a huge difference in the size of the closet. If clothes are crammed in, take half out and pack them up. Same with shoes!
- Don’t forget the garage! Boxed items should be stacked neatly in a corner. Do not block hot water tank or water softener with items. Even if you do not park your car in the garage, you should be able to show that you can get a car inside.